Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [13.05] In gameFielding Changes don't show up in players report

[13.05] In gameFielding Changes don't show up in players report

I noticed this just today I was playing in PBP mode and switched some of my fields LF went to RF, RF to catcher in mid games yet on the scouting reports for those players it show they played thier starting position the whole game.

BTW I tryed this with Text and HTML box scores

Re: [13.05] In gameFielding Changes don't show up in players report

What's worse is that I think they're ratings stay fixed at whatever position they started the game at; I don't have the latest so check it out -- when you move a player during a game, do his ratings adjust?

Noticed this as well, plus another issue.

I had Grant Balfour pitching, Ben Zobrist at 2B and Matthew Joyce in RF. I wished to double switch by removing Balfour for a reliever, and bringing in Reid Brignac to play 2B while moving Zobrist to RF. So, I used the double switch button, swapped in Brignac for Joyce and used the arrows to move Zobrist to RF and Brignac to 2B. However, Brignac got a game added to his fielding stats in RF, while Zobrist did not get a non-start game added in RF or have his stats recorded the rest of the game.

bmp

Yeah, I've had this problem as well. I want to say that the innings played at the switched to position get added to the player's total, but it doesn't count as an added game defensively.

Can anyone confirm, from the defense dialog, what happens with players ratings when they play other than their primary position? I'm not seeing anything but their base position ratings no matter where I put them.

Quote Originally Posted by #38 View Post
    Yeah, I've had this problem as well. I want to say that the innings played at the switched to position get added to the player's total, but it doesn't count as an added game defensively.
    The innings don't count, at least not when it's the players first game there.

I moved Corey Hart from RF to CF late in a game and he played the final 2 innings there. This did not show up on his scouting report. A few games later, I started Hart in CF and he played 8 innings. His fielding stats show 1 GS, 1 G, 8 Inn. in CF.

Bump

Sort of related to this, but not a bug...the AI should learn how to keep pinch hitters in the game on defense, double switch, and change a player's position in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Sort of related to this, but not a bug...the AI should learn how to keep pinch hitters in the game on defense, double switch, and change a player's position in-game.
    Just saw the most extreme example of what the inability to do this leads to....the Rangers pinch hit for catcher Brian McCann with Nelson Cruz, an obvious move given a lefty on the mound in an 8th inning, down by 1, bases loaded situation....the pitchers slot was due up in a couple batters. When the pitcher was due up, they pinch hit for him with their backup catcher (who also was their best remaining hitter). That move, in and of itself, is perfectly fine. However, because the AI has no apparent foresight and also is incapable of keeping pinch hitters for pitchers in the game on defense, they sent Nelson Cruz out to catch the last two innings. The common sense move should be to keep their backup catcher in the game as catcher and move the pitchers slot to Nelson Cruz's spot in the batting order.

Can anyone confirm if this has been fixed in BM 2012?

This has been in the game for years and is still in the game.

Also, if I pinch hit for a guy, he doesn't get stats for that position if he goes and plays there.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era

I can confirm that this is still a bug. The above Brignac/Zobrist example still results in the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Logan View Post
    What's worse is that I think they're ratings stay fixed at whatever position they started the game at; I don't have the latest so check it out -- when you move a player during a game, do his ratings adjust?
    What do you mean by this? Player ratings are relative the player over the course of his season/career, not the position he plays for one game.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Dreslough View Post
    What do you mean by this? Player ratings are relative the player over the course of his season/career, not the position he plays for one game.
    When you move a player from one position to another during a game, his defensive ratings stay at whatever they were for his first position. Here are Mike Sweeney's ratings at 1B from his player card (Perfect Scouting) and in the middle of a game. Why are they higher during the game? Because he started the game at catcher, and those are his catcher ratings. (It's the ninth inning; I switched him in the seventh.) Conversely, if I move Ordonez from third to right, he'll have his lousy ratings from third instead of his good ratings for RF.
    Attached Images Attached Images