Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Victory in San Diego, a Padres Dynasty.

Michigan, the textbook definition of hell froze over.

Victory in San Diego, a Padres Dynasty.

This is my 1st Dynasty, so I'm learning on the job. I'll take control of the 2009 San Diego Padres. I'll be playing on Fan difficulty, being my 1st dynasty I don't want to make it any harder than necassary. I will try to update 2 times a day, somtimes more, always more on weekends, as many days as possible. If I go on an extended leave, lets say, 3 days, I will let you know before hand.

My rules will be:

1 trade from Opening Day to the day before the Trade Deadline
    2 trades on the trade deadline.
    2 trades in the offseason.
    I reserve the right to do as many trades involving players who have under 100 MLB plate appearences and a peak below 80.
    2 free agents in the offseason.
    No limit free agent signing during the season, excluding the first season where there are good players on the market during the season. The limit for 1st season during the season will be 1 free agent signing.

I will be operating on

+20% Promotion to MLB
    +30% Promotion to AAA
    +40% Promotion to AA
    +50% Promotion to A

I don't like seeing minor leauge players rated 66 playing in Rookie ball bugs the crap out of me.

Anyway,

+20% Contract Renewals
    +20% Contract Lengths
    -20% Trade Frequency
    -100% Platooning
    +60% Stats vs. Scouting
    +20% Leauge Revenue
    +0 Every other League Setting
    +20% College Players
    +20% Aging randomness
    -20% Draft Predictability
    +20% Peak Start
    -20% Peak End
    +20% Potential
    +20% Career Longevity
    +20% Happiness effect on Negotiating
    -100% Happiness Effect on Performance

Jeez,that was a long post. This won't count as one of my 2 updates today. 1st update will be after this post.
    Last edited by Tigercaptain254; 01-10-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Re: Victory in San Diego, a Padres Dynasty.

You turned contract renewals UP? Anyways looking forward to this, and best of luck. Will Mat Latos start the season in the bigs?

San Diego hires Roman Martin
    San Diego Times, April 1, 2009, by JD Barclove

Today, the San Diego Padres announced their suprise hiring of GM Roman Martin, after the firing of Kevin Towers. One would think the Padres would have at least played out the season under Towers if they wanted to make a change after 99 loses in 2008.

The newest Padre's GM, however, was unfazed by his teams struggles. In his 1st press confrence he acknoledged the fact that he thinks the Padres are capable of much more this season, and stated a desire the improve the Starting Rotation above all other immediate concerns. He also said that the team would surely improve once Mike Adams and Mark Prior returned off long term spells on the DL.

When asked about Jake Peavy and Adrian Gonzalez, the 2 players surrounded by trade rumors, he flat out stated "No one is untouchable, but no moves will be made before we can firmly see how the season is going. I can state with perfect honesty both Adrian and Jake will be Padres for as long a time as possible, and they are definently unreplacable cornerstones of our organization.

On the teams previously anemic offense, he replied "Last year that was easily, and obviously the biggest problem the team had, and we are looking to shore it up on whatever way possible, whether it be internally, or from out of the organization help"

The topic he seemed most interested in talking about was the teams farm system. When a reporter questioned whether or not the teams prospects such as Kellen Kulbacki and Kyle Blanks would make an impact in 2009, he answered "Many of our teams best hitting prospects are deep within the system, probably a few years away. Our pitching is much closer to the major league level. I expect many pitching prospects to make major impact on the Padres 2009 season.

After that final question, he got up, and said "Although I would love to talk to you gentlemen further, I really have work to get to. And watch the Padres this year. We're going to suprise alot of people."

So, anyone have feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Evo X View Post
    You turned contract renewals UP? Anyways looking forward to this, and best of luck. Will Mat Latos start the season in the bigs?
    Yeah, I want to have a smaller free agency pool, and in real life, most superstar players are resigned. That's what I was really looking at.

Anyway, have to read and see.

Padres Make Moves!

The Latest Padre, Rocco Baldelli.
    San Diego Times, April 5th, 2009 by JD Barlow

Today, the Padres called a press confrence to announce 3 moves made earlier this week to improve the teams offense and pitching staff, and to introduce the latest aquistion from the Red Sox, Rocco Baldelli.

Roman Martin lumbered into the press confrence and took his place behind the microphone and said "We've made 3 moves in which to improve the San Diego Padres Club. These moves are a trade with the Boston Red Sox to aquire Right Fielder Rocco Baldelli. We traded LF Scott Hairston, Minor League 2nd baseman Travis Denker, Minor League Outfielder Travis Huffman and Minor League Pitchers Chad Reinke, Micheal Ekstrom, Erneston Frieri and Ivan Nova to the Boston Red Sox for Rocco Baldelli. We believe he will bring some much needed sock to the lineup. A monster bounceback is not out of the question for him. He will be placed at RF, and Brian Giles will we slid over to LF.

Secondly, we have traded minor league outfielder Cedric Hunter to the Toronto Blue Jays for Starting Pitcher Scott Richmond. He will immediatly step into the #4 spot in our rotation.

And finally, we signed pitcher JD Durbin to a major league contract worth 950K. The duration is for one year. He will step into the swingman role and be given a chance to win a rotation spot if one of our starters struggles."

When asked on how he felt about trading so many young pitchers for one hitter coming off a bad year. Martin responded with "Our minor league pitching is deep and talented. Those players we traded were made expendable by our system."

When asked about other players they had shown interest in, he answered "We looked at many outfielders who were not getting enough playing time to truely showcase their potential. As for specific names, I can't answer that, but Baldelli was always a main target. We have evaluated him many times and believe that health abiding, he can have a great year"

Just then, he says "And here to introduce himself, is the latest Padre OF, Rocco Baldelli!"

Baldelli walks in, shakes hands with the GM, and smiles for the cameras. He then sits down and says "It is a great pleasure for me to play for the Padres oraganization. I really look forward to playing everyday for a team I think can really do well this year."

Roman Martin then says "Well, let's see what you'll look like in your new Padres jersey, shall we?"
    Baldelli stands and puts on his new SD hat and jersey and smiles for the camera and poses with Martin.

Martin then said "Sadly the 2 pitchers haven't quite arrived yet, but Richmond should arrive in time for his first start and Durbin will arrive in case he's needed tommorow."

Baldelli says "I can't wait to meet my teammates and make my 1st appearence for the Padres tommorow"

Somthing voiced to Martin on his headphone immediatly drew his attention. He was forced to cut the confrence short and hurry to the Padres headquarters. Baldelli leaves and continues to talk to reporters on his way out, voicing his obvious enthusiasm to play every day and bat in the middle of the order.

Off topic, can anyone get me a picture of Baldelli in a Padres uniform? Preferably from 2009 adaption.
    So, hows it looking so far? I'm basing it off a ton of people.

I edit my posts alot, to get them to just the point I like them.

I'll do Opening Day tommorow. Too tired to go any further today.

Which roster file are you using? The default one, HGM, FRS, or, gulp, nwuhockey's?

Quote Originally Posted by Evo X View Post
    Which roster file are you using? The default one, HGM, FRS, or, gulp, nwuhockey's?
    Default 2009 roster, from Baseball Mogul 10. (I haven't bought 11 yet, figure I'll wait for 2012.)

Well, here's the 2010 Padres Opening Day lineup:

1. Jody Gerut, CF, Jody Enjoyed a rebound 2008 after the Padres gave him a chance. He has Good Contact, Good Power, but only average speed. I would really like to aquire a more prototypical leadoff hitter later on

2. Brian Giles, LF, Giles is getting older, and his power is heavily depleted. He still has excellent contact and excellet batters eye, although he is extremly slow. We will watch him to make sure we know when his ratings fall off.

3. Rocco Baldelli, RF, Rocco had a bad year due to injuries last year, but he appears healthy this year. Pretty good contact, Good Power, and good speed, only thing I don't like is that he dosen't walk enough. Along with Giles, both are very average defenders, but will be easily compensated for by Geruts quality outfield play.

4. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B, The big dude, the cornerstone of San Diego baseball, Gonzalez is one of the top 1B in baseball. Good contact, light tower power and gold glove calibre defense make him a irreplaceable presence on the team. He has a pretty good batters eye too, and is pretty durable. Slowest batsman on our team, makes Blanco look like Usain Bolt, but who needs to be fast to trot the bases?

5. Kevin Kouzmanoff, 3B, The Crushin' Russian, a solid player. Plays superstar defense on 3rd, can turn the double play with ease. Pounces on the bunts during squeeze plays and fire to the catcher to often make it not even worth it. Soliud durabilty helps his resume too. Plays pretty good offense, with good contact and good power. Painfully slow and dosen't walk enough, but if these are the only bad qualities, I am very happy with the Kouz manning the Hot Corner.

6. Henry Blanco, C, Blanco is an extremly good defensive catcher. Has a gun of an arm, great hands and calls a good game. Pitchers love him. Rarely do pitches go by him, and he pounces on bunts like it's his calling. He's not a cancer on offence, he has decent contact paired with 10 homer pop. Slow as a catcher would predictably be, and dosen't walk much, but gives solid production and sterling defense. However, he is 37, so his best days are surely behind him. His health rating concerns me, being extremely low.

7. Luis Rodriguez, SS, Great fielding, may win a Gold Glove. Not as much range or arm accuracy, but catches everything reachable. Good contact, a little bit of pop, may hit 5-10 bombs. Slow though, painfully slow. Won't hurt you with his plate dicipline either.

8. David Eckstein, 2B, Scrappy little guy, Eckstein is. Decent fielding, good contact, no power. About average in the speed and eye categories. Can play all over the infield, and as he grows older and declines he may make a good utility player once his everyday abilities dry up.

9. Jake Peavy, P, The pitchers spot, nothing but bunts. No above average hitters on our crew.

The bench:

Chris Burke, Utility, DH, Can play all over the field. DHs in interleague. A jack of all trades. Good at everything excellent at none. Can do all things hitting, just dosen't really stand out in any of them. A good eye, decent contact, a little pop and slightly above average speed define his offensive game. Can play every position, but has extremly limited range. A man of glass, this is the reason he is not an everyday player. Keeps personal injury lawyers very well paid. Expect him to be PH extrordinare.

Peter Ciofrone, Corner Infielder, Good contact, a bit of pop. Slow, with a decent eye. Great defender, makes a perfect compliment at either First or Third, or occasionally even shortstop, when the regulars are injured or have the day off.

Cliff Floyd, Corner outfielder, An extremely experienced veteran presence. Has decent hitting, and decent speed, but dosen't walk much. Fields well, but has extremly limited arm and range capabilities. Expect him to be replaced by some below average prospect at some point in the year when he falls off.

Elizier Alfonzo, Catcher, a very non-prototypical backup. Can hit decently, with average contact, power and eye ratings, but plays poor defense. Expect him only to be used sparingly until replaced. I don't like him much, but he's decently durable as a contrast to Blancos fraility.

Chris Snelling, Reserve Outfielder, A textbook reserve outfielder. Can play every outfield position well, and has decent attributes at every aspect of hitting and fielding. Not much else to say.

Will Venable, Reserve Outfielder, Look for him to be primary pinch runner. Can play defense without making you cringe, and hits for enough contact to occasionally get a PH at-bat. Speed is his attribute, and he is a one trick pony. Don't expect any power.

Heres the pitching rotation:

SP 1. Jake Peavy, One of the best pitchers in baseball, Peavy is phenomanol. He pitches with good control, excellent heat and quality movement. Fields his position extremely well and hits better than some catchers. A true ace.

SP 2. Chris Young, a quality 2 or 3 starter, Young will eat the innings. Struggles with control somtimes, but good power and movement on his pitches. Dosen't hurt on defense, but hits just as badly as expected.

SP 3. Cha Seung Baek, an extreme finess pitcher. Has good control, not much power on his pitches, and decent movement. Would be better suited as a 4 or 5, but not terrible. He will hold a roster spot as long as he can before he is drowned in our oncoming tide of young SP.

SP 4. Scott Richmond, decent control, below average everything else. Should be a swingman, if anything. Expect to hold on until young pitching arrives.

SP 5. Josh Banks, Excellent control ,best of any starting pitcher on the staff. Lacks strikeout stuff and movement, so on days he's not locating, look for many balls to be approaching 400 feet. Actually has a little potential, and is less likely to be replaced than Richmond.

Bullpen, from the top down.

Closer. Heath Bell, look for him to inherit the closers role well. OK control, extreme power and good movment. Awesome beard. If I had to face him as a batter I would pee myself.

Setup: Cla Meridith, the Ying to Bell's Yang. Excellent control, decent power and good movment. Will reliably get the ball from starter to closer. Awesome sidearm motion. Hopefully batter if confused to see Bells hard stuff after seeing Meridiths slow control.

Short Relief #1. Kevin Correia, wayy more stamina than predicable reliever, but one of best relievers on the staff, so I put him higher to get more save chances. Solid at everything, control, power and movement. If a starter is injured and Durbin can't pitch, look for him to maybe make a spot start or 2.

Short Relief #2. Brian Falkenborg, journeyman reliever. Great power, decent movement and control. After our bottom half of the rotation junkballers look for batters to pee themselves with the wild, cannon armed Falkenborg coming to the hill.

Middle Relief. Duaner Sanchez, will come in if games needs innings eaten. Decent pitcher, with solid all around ratings.

Long Relief/Swingman: JD Durbin, will pitch long relief and spot start. Look for him to potentially take a rotation spot eventually. Has decent potential. Decent at everything but control. Control makes batters spaz out with panic spasms.

Well, that's the team. Lets hope we win a few games.

Updated previous post for a roster breakdown.

How do you edit your signature so I can advertise my Dynasty?I also need to learn how to post boxscores.

Padres win Opening Day

Jake Peavy cut through the Dodger lineup like Freddy Kruger,recording 11 strikeouts.
    San Diego Times, April 6th, 2009, by JD Barlow

The Padres won Opening Day thanks largely to Jake Peavy, who struck out 11 Dodgers and walked only one in a complete shutout. Only 3 hits were allowed. He also got a hit that knocked what ended up being the winning run over to 2nd for Brian Giles, who came through with the only RBI on the day.

The Padres couldn't touch Chad Billingsley early in the game, scroing 1 run in the 5th on a Brian Giles base hit, which knocked home Luis Rodriguez from second.

Overall, the Padres got 7 hits, 4 of which were split between Brian Giles and Luis Rodriguez. Only one extra base hit was collected by either side, a double by the Dodgers Rafael Furcal.

Code:
    Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres
    April 6, 2009

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 +  R  H  E
           Dodgers (LAD) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    0  3  0
            Padres (SDP) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 x    1  7  0

LOS ANGELES          ab  h bb  r hr bi  k sb     avg
    R. Furcal (SS)        3  2  0  0  0  0  1  0    .667
    R. Martin (C)         4  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    M. Kemp (CF)          3  0  1  0  0  0  2  0    .000
    M. Ramirez (LF)       4  0  0  0  0  0  3  0    .000
    A. Ethier (RF)        3  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    C. Blake (3B)         3  1  0  0  0  0  0  0    .333
    J. Loney (1B)         3  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
    O. Hudson (2B)        3  0  0  0  0  0  2  0    .000
    C. Billingsley (P)    2  0  0  0  0  0  2  0    .000
     D. Mientkiewicz (P)  1  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     H. Kuo (P)           0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    TOTALS               29  3  1  0  0  0 11  0

2B:  R. Furcal (1)
       HBP:  R. Furcal
       CS:  R. Furcal

LOS ANGELES   ip  h bb hr  r er  k pit    ERA
      C. Billingsley  7.0  7  1  0  1  1  5 108   1.29
              H. Kuo  1.0  0  0  0  0  0  2  11   0.00
              TOTALS  8.0  7  1  0  1  1  7 119

SAN DIEGO            ab  h bb  r hr bi  k sb     avg
    J. Gerut (CF)         4  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    B. Giles (LF)         4  2  0  0  0  1  0  0    .500
    R. Baldelli (RF)      3  0  1  0  0  0  2  0    .000
    A. Gonzalez (1B)      4  1  0  0  0  0  3  0    .250
    K. Kouzmanoff (3B)    3  1  0  0  0  0  0  0    .333
    H. Blanco (C)         3  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    L. Rodriguez (SS)     3  2  0  1  0  0  0  0    .667
    D. Eckstein (2B)      3  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
    J. Peavy (P)          3  1  0  0  0  0  1  0    .333
    TOTALS               30  7  1  1  0  1  7  0

GIDP:  L. Rodriguez

SAN DIEGO   ip  h bb hr  r er  k pit    ERA
            J. Peavy  9.0  3  1  0  0  0 11 111   0.00
              TOTALS  9.0  3  1  0  0  0 11 111

WP: J. Peavy (1-0)
         LP: C. Billingsley (0-1)

Temperature: 59F
         Wind: Calm
         Attendance: 42,500
         Time: 2:19
    Last edited by Tigercaptain254; 01-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Well, since I'm still figuring out how to advertise this in my sig, my Padres have a day off, and I can't figure out how to post box scores, I might as well post my Minor League overview. These will come out once a month, and at the begining and end of the season in newspaper articles called "Future Friars"

Future Friars: Preseason Edition.

Matthew Latos, the most highly anticipated Pitcher in the Padres System.

San Diego Times, April 7th, 2009. By Jack Star, Minor League Correspondant

#1. Luis Dormorano, CF, Luis is an extremely raw prospect, and we really can't project what exactly he'll be yet. He has a extremely high ceiling in all hitting categories, but his only polished tool right now is his pure speed. He is starting the season off with the Single A Lake Elsinore Storm. Look for him to debut no sooner than 3 years.

#2. Alvaro Aristy, SS, Alvaro is another extremely raw prospect. He is probably the systems most unpolished farmhand. He has solid speed, but the rest of his tools are yet to develope. Same projected arrival time as Dormano, no sooner than 3 years. He too will start out with the Lake Elsinore Storm

#3. Matt Latos, SP, Latos is much closer to the majors than Dormano or Aristy. He is the teams unarguable greatest pitching prodigy. He has great power behind his pitches, and solid control. The only area he needs to work on his movement, somtimes his pitches come in flat and get knocked around. He has Ace potential and at the very least is projected to be a number 2. Barring injury, we can expect him to be pitching this September for the big team. Right now, he will start the season in AAA Portland Beavers.

#4. Kyle Blanks, 1B, Kyle has tremendous hitting potential. His contact and power are already very solid. He's slow, and his defense is raw, but that should come around as he gets older. If he dosen't play for the Padres this September, you can look for him to compete for a job in 2010. Right now, he's starting the year in AA San Antonio Missions.

#5. Kellen Kulbacki, RF, this kid can hit. He has decent power and contact that looks only to get better. He has no speed, and fielding is somtimes a challenge, although he has a cannon of an arm. He is going to be the next Padres RF as soon as either Baldelli or Giles moves on.

#6. Jeremy Hefner, SP, Hefner is a interesting young pitcher. He has straight decent stats in every category. He looks to peak out as a 2 or 3 starter, but has shown flashes of ace potential. He will probably be called up this September and compete for a job in next years rotation. Right now, he's in AAA.

#7. Will Inman, SP, Will is a talented young pitcher. He has great stuff and rakes up the strikeouts, but needs to develope his control and movement more if he wants to succede at the MLB level. He peaks much the same way as Hefner does, but isn't as close. He should debut at some point next year. Right now, he's in AA.

#8. Wade LeBlanc, SP, LeBlanc is a solid pitcher who has solid power on his pitches, quality control for a young pitcher, but no movment. His pitches are dead straight. If he dosen't correct this MLB hitters are going to tee off on him. He will start the year in AAA, but look for him to come up as soon as he gets his movement issues out of the way.

#9. Eric Sogard, 2B, Eric is a prototypical second baseman. Solid fielding, speed and contact are all strong suits in his case. He also combines a solid batters eye, and if he developes properly he should take many walks. His only major weakness is the fact he couldn't hit a home run from 2B. He should develop a little power, maybe 10 jacks a year. Whether or not his pop developes could mean the difference between starter and utility for him. He will start the year in AA, and should compete for a job in 2010 Spring Training.

#10. Jaff Dacker, Ducky, as he is often called, is a prospect a couple years away. His speed is a developed strong suit for Dacker, who also shows potential in Contact and Power. His fielding is still developing but should progress nicely. He will start the year in A but is expected to move up to AA soon. Look for him in 2011.

Those are the Top 10 Future Friars in the system, and you can expect the next update come May.

Check out the "Dynasty: Tips and Tricks" thread above yours. It will tell you how to put box scores in your dynasty. As for the sig, go to settings in the top right corner of this page, on the left there will be some boxes. The third one is "My Settings". click on "edit signature", and just post your link in there. PM me or just reply to this if you have any other questions.
    My Dynasty:

Saving Baseball In Portland

My Retired Dynasties:

The Day Baseball Changed Forever: Part 1
    Dynasty Hall-of-Fame nominee

The Decade Baseball Changed Forever: Part 2

Man, now that's cool! Thanks a-million, now I get it.

Padres Win 2nd Straight Game!

Henry Blanco had a good game today, playing good defense and hitting a suprise triple, knocking in 2 RBI. He would later score.
    San Diego Times, April 8th, 2009.
    By JD Barlow

The Fighting Friars won their 2nd game in a row today, setting them at 2 and 0. Adrian Gonzalez had a good day at the plate, going 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored and an RBI. Chris Young pitched well through 7 innings, with 7 Ks and allowing only 2 earned runs.

Henry Blanco did the unexpected when he collected a triple, knocking in 2 runs and later scoring in the inning. He played flawless defense. When asked about his triple, he replied "I never thought I would do it, but I shot a ball in the gap and saw it had a chance and went all the way to 3rd."

Rocco Baldelli added his first 2 hits of his Padre career, with a double and a single. Baldelli said after the game "It felt good to get those 2 hits today, now I don't have to worry about making an impression anymore."

Heath Bell had an unproductive first outing, coming in to routinely end a non-save situation. Instead, he gave up 2 runs and made it a close game. Bell replied to reporters after the game "I just didn't have my stuff today, but I managed to stop before we lost the lead. I know I'll do better next time, but this is not a good way to make a first impression on the year."

Code:
    April 8, 2009

Dodgers (LAD) 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2    4  9  0
            Padres (SDP) 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 x    6 11  0

R. Furcal (SS)        2  2  2  1  0  0  0  1    .800
    R. Martin (C)         5  1  0  0  0  1  1  0    .111
    M. Kemp (CF)          5  0  0  0  0  0  2  0    .000
    M. Ramirez (LF)       4  1  0  0  0  0  1  0    .125
    A. Ethier (RF)        4  1  0  1  0  0  2  0    .143
    C. Blake (3B)         4  2  0  0  0  1  0  0    .429
    J. Loney (1B)         4  1  0  1  0  0  1  0    .143
    O. Hudson (2B)        4  1  0  1  1  2  1  0    .143
    H. Kuroda (P)         2  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     D. Mientkiewicz (P)  1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
     G. Mota (P)          0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     H. Kuo (P)           0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     M. Loretta (P)       1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
    TOTALS               36  9  2  4  1  4 10  1

2B:  R. Martin (1), M. Ramirez (1)
       HR:  O. Hudson (1)
       HBP:  R. Furcal

H. Kuroda  6.0  7  1  0  3  3  2  79   4.50
             G. Mota  1.0  4  0  0  3  3  2  29  27.00
              H. Kuo  1.0  0  0  0  0  0  1  12   0.00
              TOTALS  8.0 11  1  0  6  6  5 120

J. Gerut (CF)         4  1  0  1  0  0  0  1    .125
    B. Giles (LF)         4  1  0  0  0  0  0  0    .375
    R. Baldelli (RF)      4  2  0  2  0  1  0  0    .286
    A. Gonzalez (1B)      3  2  1  2  0  1  0  0    .429
    K. Kouzmanoff (3B)    4  1  0  0  0  1  1  0    .286
    H. Blanco (C)         4  1  0  1  0  2  2  0    .143
    L. Rodriguez (SS)     4  1  0  0  0  1  1  0    .429
    D. Eckstein (2B)      4  2  0  0  0  0  0  0    .286
    C. Young (P)          1  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     E. Alfonzo (P)       1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
     C. Meredith (P)      0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     C. Burke (P)         1  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     H. Bell (P)          0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
    TOTALS               34 11  1  6  0  6  5  1

2B:  K. Kouzmanoff (1), R. Baldelli (1)
       3B:  H. Blanco (1)

C. Young  7.0  5  2  0  2  2  7 130   2.57
         C. Meredith  1.0  1  0  0  0  0  1  13   0.00
             H. Bell  1.0  3  0  1  2  2  2  26  18.00
              TOTALS  9.0  9  2  1  4  4 10 169

WP: C. Young (1-0)
         LP: H. Kuroda (0-1)

Temperature: 64F
         Wind: 5 MPH (out to left)
         Attendance: 36,275
         Time: 2:44
    Check out my 1st Dynasty, the quest for San Diego Supremacy, Victory in San Diego, a Padres Dynasty.
    I have got to learn to stop posting Sand Diego. Only one D.

"First I'm gonna play football, then I'm gonna coach football, and then I'm gonna die."-Jim Harbaugh

"Football represents life. Some People dream of sucess, other people live to crush those dreams"- Tigercaptain 254.

Padres lose, take 2 of 3 from Rival Dodgers!

Casey Blake had a good day for the Dodgers, hitting 2 doubles.

San Diego Times, April 9th, 2009
    By JD Barlow

The Padres pitching looked bad today, allowing 8 runs to the Dodger offense. The Dodgers got 6 extra base hits. The Padres offense got only 2 fewer hits than the Dodgers did, but couldn't scratch runs across the plate. When asked after the game, manger Bud Black replied " Our offense just couldn't get into a groove, and we left a lot of men on base. We need to be more efficent with our baserunners if we want to win games."

Code:
    April 9, 2009

Dodgers (LAD) 2 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 0    8 11  0
            Padres (SDP) 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    2  9  0

R. Furcal (SS)        5  1  0  1  0  2  0  0    .500
    R. Martin (C)         4  3  1  0  0  1  0  0    .308
    M. Kemp (CF)          4  0  0  1  0  2  1  0    .000
    M. Ramirez (LF)       4  1  1  1  0  1  2  0    .167
    A. Ethier (RF)        4  2  0  1  0  1  0  0    .273
    C. Blake (3B)         5  2  0  1  0  0  0  0    .417
    J. Loney (1B)         4  0  0  0  0  1  0  0    .091
    O. Hudson (2B)        3  1  1  2  0  0  1  0    .200
    R. Wolf (P)           1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
     D. Mientkiewicz (P)  1  1  0  0  0  0  0  0    .333
     C. Wade (P)          0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     B. DeWitt (P)        0  0  1  1  0  0  0  0    .000
     G. Miller (P)        1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
    TOTALS               36 11  4  8  0  8  6  0

2B:  R. Martin (2), C. Blake 2 (2), R. Furcal (2), A. Ethier (1)
       3B:  M. Ramirez (1)
       HBP:  A. Ethier
       GIDP:  A. Ethier

R. Wolf  4.0  6  1  0  2  2  3  72   4.50
             C. Wade  1.0  0  0  0  0  0  1  14   0.00
           G. Miller  4.0  3  0  0  0  0  4  55   0.00
              TOTALS  9.0  9  1  0  2  2  8 141

J. Gerut (CF)         5  0  0  0  0  0  3  0    .077
    B. Giles (LF)         5  1  0  1  0  0  0  0    .308
    R. Baldelli (RF)      4  1  0  1  0  0  0  0    .273
    A. Gonzalez (1B)      4  2  0  0  0  0  0  0    .455
    K. Kouzmanoff (3B)    4  1  0  0  0  2  2  0    .273
    H. Blanco (C)         3  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .100
    L. Rodriguez (SS)     4  1  0  0  0  0  1  0    .364
    D. Eckstein (2B)      4  3  0  0  0  0  0  0    .455
    C. Baek (P)           1  0  1  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     B. Falkenborg (P)    0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     D. Sanchez (P)       0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     C. Burke (P)         1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
     J. Durbin (P)        0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    .000
     P. Ciofrone (P)      1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    .000
    TOTALS               36  9  1  2  0  2  8  0

2B:  A. Gonzalez (1), D. Eckstein (1), R. Baldelli (2)
       HBP:  H. Blanco

C. Baek  5.0  7  2  0  6  6  2  96  10.80
       B. Falkenborg  0.1  1  1  0  2  2  0  10  54.00
          D. Sanchez  0.2  1  1  0  0  0  1  13   0.00
           J. Durbin  3.0  2  0  0  0  0  3  36   0.00
              TOTALS  9.0 11  4  0  8  8  6 155

WP: C. Wade (1-0)
         LP: C. Baek (0-1)
         SV: G. Miller (1)

Temperature: 68F
         Wind: 8 MPH (right to left)
         Attendance: 36,523
         Time: 3:01
    Check out my 1st Dynasty, the quest for San Diego Supremacy, Victory in San Diego, a Padres Dynasty.

"First I'm gonna play football, then I'm gonna coach football, and then I'm gonna die."-Jim Harbaugh

"Football represents life. Some People dream of sucess, other people live to crush those dreams"- Tigercaptain 254.

Can I get a little feedback on how I'm doing so far, what you want to see more/less of, what I should start or stop doing? Is anyone even reading?

I'm reading, looks good so far. Just as long as you're having fun, it'll show to us. Keep it up!
    The Orange and Black(Sox) - The Complete Saga

Part One - The First Ten Long Years: The Orange and Black(Sox)
    Part Two - Ten More Years! (Orange and) Black Times
    The Spin-off Mini-Series: An Orange and Black Shroud

Part Three - How Long Can This Go On? Charlie's War

The Spin-Off: Braves New World

Quote Originally Posted by birdsin89 View Post
    I'm reading, looks good so far. Just as long as you're having fun, it'll show to us. Keep it up!
    Couldn't agree more.
    My Dynasty:

Saving Baseball In Portland

My Retired Dynasties:

The Day Baseball Changed Forever: Part 1
    Dynasty Hall-of-Fame nominee

The Decade Baseball Changed Forever: Part 2