Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul Diamond Rosters

HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul Diamond Rosters

ATTENTION: If you are currently playing a game that you started with my rosters on version 18.04 or prior, you will need to correct the city data for optimal finances. To do this, follow theses steps:

1) Start a new game in "Classic" mode and choose 2015.
    2) On the Tools Menu, choose Advanced Tools and click "Export Cities".
    3) Load your in-progress game.
    4) On the Tools Menu, choose Advanced Tools and click "Import Cities".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An earlier version of my rosters were included with the release version of Baseball Mogul Diamond. I've updated the rosters to reflect transactions and injury updates that have happened since, and will post continued updates through tomorrow so that everything is 100% accurate as of Opening Day.

Along with my rosters, I've included a modified 2015stats.txt file which should produce better complete game figures and rotation usage for 2015. I've also included some database files that correct an issue that the Lahman database had with pitcher Will Harris.

The ReadMe file contains details of what is included in the roster. All you need to do to use these rosters is download the attached zip file and unzip it into the main Baseball Mogul Diamond folder. Overwrite any previous files if prompted. Start a new Modern game, and you're ready to go.

Some known issues:

1) In past versions of Mogul, injured MLB players did not accumulate MLB service time. Clay has attempted to correct this but there's a few bugs that still need to be ironed out. I'm unable to set the starting DL status for players without the AI overwriting what I do, so for players that start the sim injured, some won't accrue service time correctly (although some will).
    2) I'm unable to edit the draft order currently, so it's set to the default. However, there is a small issue with the White Sox getting the 1st pick in the 3rd round rather than the Diamondbacks. Once the draft editor is fixed, I'll be able to set the order to the actual 2015 draft (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2015/order.jsp).
    3) Too many 2015 draftees make their debut, particularly catchers. I've done as much as I can in regards to stocking teams with enough catchers to fight through injuries, but it still happens. Clay is aware of this issue as well.
    4) There are some additional minor leaguewide stat issues that I am unable to adjust any further, such as a bit too few sacrifice flies, too many saves overall, and various other small things. Nothing major though.

Please post any issues you come across here. Note that the rosters are all auto-sorted by the AI, as far as which players are in the majors and such, so please don't report things like "Kris Bryant should be in the minors." Any other issues though, such as incorrect service time, contract information, players on the wrong team, etc., please post them.

File last updated: 4/30/2015
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HoustonGM; 04-30-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Re: HoustonGM's Baseball Mogul Diamond Rosters

Thanks for the rosters, HGM. Great as always!!!!

Opening Day update posted.

Uploaded a new file with some minor changes (Wandy Rodriguez signing, Porcello extension, Ty Hensley injury update). Probably will have 1 more update once the details of the Carlos Carrasco extension come out (I've estimated them currently) and that will be that barring corrections to any errors that anybody brings up.

how can u tell if u have the Houston gm file installed

Quote Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
    how can u tell if u have the Houston gm file installed
    Well, it is my rosters that come included with the game... but to verify that you've updated to the most recent version I've posted... just check some transaction that recently happened. Is Wandy Rodriguez on the Rangers when you start a new Modern game?

no he is not

how do u update. ihave dled the file but am stumped on how to update

Quote Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
    no he is not

how do u update
    Download the zip file into your main Baseball Mogul Diamond folder and unzip it directly into that folder, overwriting any previous files as prompted.

ok figured it out thanks for help

Just wanted to give you a heads up that JD Martinez is listed as a Free Agent after 2015, when in actuality it isn't until 2018. His contract should be set to Arbitration.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...artijd02.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by cadmus2166 View Post
    Just wanted to give you a heads up that JD Martinez is listed as a Free Agent after 2015, when in actuality it isn't until 2018. His contract should be set to Arbitration.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...artijd02.shtml
    Thanks, fixed for my next update. Frustratingly, this wouldn't be an issue if this issue I used to harp on all the time was addressed.

It appears there's some issues with the statistical output that I hadn't foreseen (too few IBBs, for example), so I'll have to run some tests and modify the simulation settings.

Your roster although great and i prefer yours to other roster files out there. I would just like to point out that the nationals still have tony gwynn starting as their center-fielder when he retired in 2014 and also rich hill pitching in the bullpen when he also retired in 2014. great work as always and thank you for taking the time to make this awesome roster file.

Quote Originally Posted by leemel2011 View Post
    Your roster although great and i prefer yours to other roster files out there. I would just like to point out that the nationals still have tony gwynn starting as their center-fielder when he retired in 2014 and also rich hill pitching in the bullpen when he also retired in 2014. great work as always and thank you for taking the time to make this awesome roster file.
    Neither Gwynn nor Hill are retired. They were both in spring training with the Nationals and were reassigned to the minor leagues.

File updated with Carlos Carrasco's correct terms and Ryan Sweeney release.